Oakland Court II Residents: Earn Money by Participating in the Smart Energy Days Pilot
Thanks to a TVA grant and new smart technology, residents of Oakland Court II can now sign up to participate in Smart Energy Days. Smart Energy Days is a program that allows TVA and MTE to slightly adjust your thermostat and, in some cases, your water heater, up to three days a month.
Here’s how it works:
- First, sign up for your free Internet from United Communications by filling out this form online or by visiting the MHA leasing office and completing an application. This will allow you to be eligible for Smart Energy Days.
- The program will last up to 12 months and is 100% voluntary. You can leave the program at any time by calling or emailing us.
- MTE will slightly adjust your thermostat and, in some cases, water heaters on Smart Energy Days.
- The settings may be adjusted by a few degrees for approximately 4-6 hours.
- You can manually adjust your thermostat at any time during Smart Energy Days if you become uncomfortable.
- Smart Energy Days will occur 1-3 times a month.
- You will receive a $15 Visa gift card at the end of every month you participate. The gift card will be sent via email.