Oakland Court II Residents Can Earn Rewards for Participating in Energy Savings Days
Thanks to a TVA grant and new smart technology, residents of Oakland Court II can now sign up to participate in Energy Savings Days, a pilot program that allows TVA and MTE to slightly adjust your thermostat up to three days a month, saving energy that can also help you lower your energy bill.
Here’s how it works:
- First, sign up for your free Internet from United Communications by filling out this form online or by visiting the MHA leasing office and completing an application.This will allow you to be eligible for Energy Savings Days.
- The program is up to 12 months.
- It is 100% voluntary. You can leave the program at any time by calling or emailing us.
- MTE will slightly adjust your thermostat and, in some cases, water heaters on Energy Savings Days.
The settings may be adjusted by a few degrees for approximately 4-6 hours.
- You can manually adjust your thermostat at any time during an Energy Savings Day if you become uncomfortable.
- Energy Savings Days will occur 1-3 times a month.
- You will receive a $15 Visa gift card at the end of every month by email.